Help shape Central City transportation
Comment on the Central City 2035 Plan Discussion Draft before March 31, 2016
What is the Central City 2035 Plan?
Central City 2035 will update the plan and policies for downtown and central areas of the City of Portland. It will address challenges and opportunities in the Central City to ensure this unique economic, transportation, cultural and educational hub will be a vibrant resource for all Portlanders over the next 25 years.
What is the Discussion Draft?
The purpose of the Discussion Draft is to gather your feedback on preliminary proposals to help shape the growth, development, and transportation of the Central City into the year 2035. The public feedback will inform staff in developing the next version of the proposal, which will go to the Planning & Sustainability Commission for their consideration and recommendations to City Council.
Learn more about the proposed plan:
- Proposed TSP Street Classifications that determine how different streets should function
- Proposed Central City Projects List for the next 20 years
- Proposed Central City Parking Regulations that are simplified and encourage better use of existing parking
- Proposed Central City Designation as a Multimodal Mixed-use Area
- Proposed Central City Regulations that require Transportation Demand Management plans for new development
Review the Discussion Draft document:
- Transportation Goals and Policies (go to page 50)
- Transportation-related amendments to the Comprehensive Plan (scroll to the bottom and click on Transportation System Plan link to the PDF)
- Transportation Demand Management (scroll to page 194)
- Central City Parking Code (scroll to page 198)
Comment three ways:
- Provide comments on potential transportation projects while interacting with the proposals on the Central City Transportation Projects Map App. Comments made on the Map App are part of the public record.
- Use the Public Comment Form (Word) on our website and email it to us
- Email comments to CC2035@portlandoregon.gov
Tips for using options 2 or 3:
- Refer to the Volume of the Plan: Transportation Goals and Policies are in Volume 1 (starts at page 50); Transportation projects, studies, and street classifications are in Volume 2 of the Central City 2035 Plan
- Provide your comment/ raise your issue
- Propose a change
Comment on the Discussion Draft from Feb. 8 to Mar. 31, 2016
How does this fit into the Transportation System Plan process?
Land use and transportation are interrelated so we consider them as a package. Components of the Transportation System Plan (TSP) that relate to the Central City are being addressed holistically as part of the Central City 2035 Plan rather than as part of the citywide TSP Update process currently underway (including TSP Stage 1 and Stage 2 Updates). The results of this process will update the TSP.
Email Central City 2035 Plan or call 503.823.4286
PBOT Planner, Mauricio Leclerc 503.823.7808