Do you know a potential volunteer? A student in need of service hours? Buckaroos, weed haters or Jazz lovers? Well I have ideas for them.
August brings the best weather for outdoor events and as you can see, we are loaded with them this year. Each one is a great opportunity to engage neighbors and accomplish something extraordinary. Potential volunteers can contact Steve Pixley, 503.823.5121, any time for more information or to sign up.
- Saturday August 13, 9:00 am – 12 noon, Arbor Lodge baseball diamond
Help the Pesticide Free Park Crew keep Arbor Lodge weed free. Families welcome. Meet on the baseball diamond. Tell them Steve sent you.
- $5 5K Fun Run – Sunday August 14, 6:30 to 11:00 am at Laurelhurst Park
join the team for the next $5 5K Fun Run, this month at Laurelhurst Park.
- EPCC’s Wild West Festival – Friday, August 19, 4:30 to 8:30 pm at East Portland Community Center, 740 SE 106th Ave.
- We need a few friendly cowhands to set up camp, welcome tenderfoots, serve tasty grub and help the young’uns with games. Contact “the Pixley Kid” to sign on.
- Multnomah Days – Sunday, August 21, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm at Multnomah Art’s Center, 7688 SW Capitol Hwy.
We need friendly people to help at the Kid Zone. You’ll be teamed with professional park staff to help children with arts & crafts, games, bounce houses and slides. Lots of time slots to fill from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Rags to Riches Jazz Event – Saturday, August 27, 4:00 – 9:00 pm at Holladay Park
Hear them show their chops. This is a fun event for everybody. Help with children’s crafts, board games, moves and great music!
- Parke Diem – Friday & Saturday, October 14 & 15, across Portland
Don’t forget Parke Diem, our Foundation’s City Wide Volunteer Event. Look here to learn how you can pitch in!
Steven Pixley, Volunteer Program Coordinator